How do I turn on Apple Watch activity tracking?
You can sync up your watch to your Virgin Pulse account to track your activity.
To turn on Apple Watch activity tracking using the mobile app, follow these steps:
- Open the Virgin Pulse mobile application on your device.
- Tap on the Profile button at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap on Devices & Apps
- In the Devices & Apps section, locate the Apple Health option. You will want to enable data sharing permissions between Virgin Pulse and the Apple Health App. Once connected you will see Apple Watch listed as My Connected Devices and Apps.
- Your Apple Watch is now connected using the iOS application, and will automatically upload Apple Watch activity information (Steps and Active Minutes) when you open the Virgin Pulse mobile application* (so make sure to do this at least once every two weeks to not lose any activity rewards).
- To view your steps incoming from the Apple Watch to your Virgin Pulse account, log into the member website, and locate the My Steps graph on the home page. Use the drop-down menu on the side of the graph to select Watch.
* Apple Watch activity will only appear on the Virgin Pulse mobile application if the Apple Watch steps are the highest step count available from any connected device or application. For example, if you have a Fitbit, an iPhone, and an Apple Watch, the Virgin Pulse mobile app will only display steps from the device which has logged the highest activity number (and will show the source from which the highest activity number was collected). In other words, if your Fitbit steps count is higher than your Apple Watch step count, the Virgin Pulse mobile app will show the Fitbit step count instead of the Apple Watch step count.